Pages

Sunday 22 September 2019

Justin Bieber Shares Megachurch Pastor Judah Smith’s Prayers On Instagram

Pop star Justin Bieber has been sharing guided prayers from megachurch pastor Judah Smith and advising his 119 million followers to take time out of their day to listen, reports Fox News.
"Here's a guided prayer," Bieber said in his post. "When you have a quiet moment, get into a comfortable position and listen. "They have really been helping me and thought I would share."
In the seven-minute audio clip, pastor Judah Smith can be heard reading Psalm 23 before advising people to subdue their deep fears by putting their trust in God.
"Maybe right now, as we begin this guided prayer, you'd be willing to admit that you feel like you're in a valley," says Smith in the audio clip. "Things seem maybe bleak or dark, or maybe you find yourself fearing even death itself. I'd like us to take a few moments ... I believe that we can find reprieve and rest and even ease our fear as we put our focus and our trust in God."
"God, you're greater than my fear. God, I know that you're in control ... God, I thank you that I am your child and you watch over me because you are my father ..."
Pastor Judah concludes the prayer by thanking God for always being with us, regardless of our struggles.
"God, we ask that you would help us to serve those who are fighting and struggling with fear," he says. "God, we thank you — though we may be in a valley, though there may be fear all around us — you are with us and you never leave us. In Jesus' name. Amen."
 
Justin Bieber has been rather open in recent months about his Christian faith. In an interview with Vogue earlier this year, the singer confessed to undergoing a yearlong self-imposed celibacy before marrying model Hailey Baldwin (now Hailey Bieber) in order to honor God. Bieber said he not only experienced a spiritual transformation, but also realized that God's call to chastity is about liberating people from being slaves to their passions.
"He doesn't ask us not to have sex for Him because he wants rules and stuff," Bieber told Vogue"He's like, I'm trying to protect you from hurt and pain. I think sex can cause a lot of pain."
 
The pop star went on to say that premarital sex often serves as an attempted means for people trying to make up for a lack of perceived self-worth. He added that he wanted to "rededicate" his body to God to cleanse his soul.
"Sometimes people have sex because they don’t feel good enough. Because they lack self-worth," Bieber said. "Women do that, and guys do that. I wanted to rededicate myself to God in that way because I really felt it was better for the condition of my soul. And I believe that God blessed me with Hailey, as a result. There are perks. You get rewarded for good behavior."
Hailey Baldwin said the "common denominator" between them has always been church.
"The common denominator, I promise you, is always church," Baldwin said. "By then we were past the drama. I just gave him a hug. By the end of the conference, he was like, 'We’re not going to be friends.' I was like, 'We’re not?'"

No comments:

Post a Comment