Pages

Wednesday 11 December 2019

WATCH: Lizzo Responds To Criticism Over Thong Twerking Session At Laker Game: Kiss My A**

Singer-songwriter Lizzo, whose full name is Melissa Viviane Jefferson, went off on folks who dared to criticize her for twerking in a butt-less dress and black thong at a Lakers game this past weekend.
The bulk of the criticism focused on the fact that Lizzo’s twerk-fest, which was captured on the Laker’s Jumbotron, was performed in front of families and children. However, according to the “Good as Hell” singer, and the choir of media supporting her, critics were “shaming” her for her large body. She suggested they “kiss” her “a**.”
“Who I am and the essence of me and the things that I choose to do as a grown-a** woman can inspire you to do the same,” the Grammy Award nominee said via Instagram, People magazine reported. “You don’t have to be like me. You need to be like you. And never ever let somebody stop you or shame you from being yourself.” 
“Like, this is who I’ve always been,” she said. “Now everyone’s looking at it and your criticism can just remain your criticism … Negative criticism has no stake in my life, no control over my life, over my emotions. I’m the happiest I’ve ever been, I’m surrounded by love.”
Lizzo continued to bash critics, while framing the partially-nude public twerking as a feminist act.
“I don’t ever want to censor myself … I’m not going to quiet myself,” she said. “I’m not going to shrink myself because somebody thinks that I’m not sexy to them. … It doesn’t really matter what goes on on the internet, nothing really breaks my joy. I’m a really solid, grounded person, and I know that I’m shocking because you’ve never seen — in a long time — a body like mine doing whatever it wants to do and dressing the way that it dresses and moving the way that it moves.”
“I just wanna spread that love and also spread these cheeks,” Lizzo told viewers. “And you know what, if you really don’t like my a**, you can kiss it. ‘Cause kissing it makes it go away, I promise.” 
WATCH:

As reported by The Daily Wire on Monday, the media went wild over Lizzo’s booty gyrating. 
The Guardian, for example, ran a piece titled, “Leave Lizzo alone: why her thong dress should command respect.” “Lizzo dared to push the fashion envelope at a Lakers game, and the ensuing outrage is heavily infused with fat-shaming,” the piece argued.
“The singer wore a shirt dress with the back cut out so everyone could see the black thong she was wearing with her fishnet stockings. Then she flaunted it when she twerked for the Jumbotron. That is honestly the kind of brazen confidence and joie de vivre we should all take into 2020,” Elle magazine gushed.
Cosmopolitan magazine praised, “Lizzo put her own sexy spin on the statement outfit, swapping out her trousers for a black t-shirt dress, which sounds simple enough … until you see the cut-out detailing around her bum, revealing her thong and matching fishnet tights. Oooooft. … Rather than keeping a low profile (because, c’mon, it’s Queen Lizzo), the singer decided to twerk for fans and boy, oh boy, she puts the ‘werk’ in ‘twerk.’”

No comments:

Post a Comment