Pages

Tuesday 5 November 2019

'My mom won't wake up!': Girl, 12, calls 911 after her mother overdoses on heroin on a Florida highway with her three children in her minivan

A 12-year-old girl was forced to call 911 after her mother overdosed on heroin in her minivan while driving on a highway with her three children. 
Tiffany Smith, 28, was eventually charged with child neglect after she was revived by paramedics on the I-4 in Volusia County, Florida last Thursday night. 
The Volusia County Sheriff's Office has since released the frantic 911 call of the distraught 12-year-old girl begging for help.  




Tiffany Smith, 28, was eventually charged with child neglect after she was revived by paramedics (above) on the I-4 in Volusia County, Florida last Thursday night when she overdosed on heroin
'My mom won't wake up and we're on I-4 in the car,' the sobbing girl told the dispatcher. 
'We're in the grass. I put it in 'N' because I don't know how to put it in 'Park'.
Her two brothers, aged seven and one, could be heard screaming for their mother in the background of the 911 call. 
The sheriff's office said Smith had lost consciousness on the side of the highway. 
She was revived after receiving a dose of Narcan from paramedics.
Officer body cam footage showed Smith in the back of an ambulance after she came round.
'I honestly took a little bit of heroin because my back was hurting,' Smith told an officer.
The officer responded: 'Heroin? Is that something you should be taking for your back?' 
'It's not but I had no painkiller and my back was hurting and I am making a five-hour trip,' Smith said. 
She told officers she was driving herself and her three children to South Carolina to visit her sister at the time. 
The family's two dogs were also in the minivan when she overdosed. 
The children were placed into their care of their grandmother while the two dogs were turned over to Volusia County Animal Control. 
Smith was admitted to AdventHealth Fish Memorial hospital in Orange City before being charged with child neglect.

No comments:

Post a Comment