Pages

Monday 22 July 2019

Viral video shows Rashida Tlaib being forcibly dragged out of Trump campaign event in 2016 by Secret Service

Hundreds of protesters were forcibly removed from Donald Trump's campaign rallies during his historic run to the White House in 2016. Now we know that Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) was one such protester.

Newly surfaced video shows Secret Service agents forcibly removing an angry and shouting Tlaib during a Trump campaign event in Detroit in 2016.
"You guys are crazy!" Tlaib screams at Trump supporters as agents restrains her. 

The interruption came during a speech that then-candidate Trump gave at the Detroit Economic Club in August 2016. A dozen other women joined Tlaib to create a commotion during his speech.
Tlaib, who formally served as a Michigan state representative, later boasted about her protest in an essay in the Detroit Free Press.
Tlaib wrote:
I can't describe the fear that gripped me when I rose in front of nearly 2,000 professionals at this tony, corporate setting. I watched as Trump supporters taunted the women who stood before me as they were aggressively and briskly led to the exits. I froze, feeling the anger around me that would make anyone tremble. Yet, I could only think of the unwavering love for my two sons to find the courage to do my own part.

Watching my 11-year old's anxiety increase the more he hears from his friends about what Donald Trump said or wants to do if he is elected has been heartbreaking. So when I heard Trump was coming to Detroit to speak only a few miles from our home, I couldn't say no when I was offered a ticket to attend his speech.

I told Trump that "our children deserve better" and I asked him to provide a better example to our kids. I implored him to read the U.S. Constitution. And then I was grabbed by several security personnel who physically moved me to the exit while I continued to express my concerns.
Perhaps the most ironic part of the incident is that the man who filmed Tlaib told her to "get a job." Well, she did.

No comments:

Post a Comment