Pages

Friday 27 April 2018

‘I thought I was going to die’: Ex-NFL player details brutal arrest

A former college football player was slammed to the ground and choked until he said he was unconscious during an arrest by Henry County police officers in a shopping center parking lot, cellphone video of the attack shows. 
Desmond Marrow, 30, a former University of Toledo cornerback, detailed the arrest in a lengthy Facebook post Thursday night. The date and exact location of the arrest were not provided. 
Henry County police did not immediately answer questions from The Atlanta Journal-Constitution about the video or the circumstances of the arrest. 
“We will have to handle this (Friday) morning,” Capt. Joey Smith said late Thursday.  
Video shows Marrow being slammed to the ground by officers who he says thought his cellphone, which was in his back pocket, was a gun. Marrow is heard repeatedly saying, “I’m not even fighting back.” 
“During the arrest, the police knocked my teeth out, slammed me on my head and choked me out until I was unconscious,” Marrow said in the post. Before he says he fainted, Marrow told officers he couldn’t breathe. 
He said he suffered a shoulder strain and concussion. Marrow also alleges officers spit on him. 
“I was fully cooperating with the officers with zero resistance,” Marrow wrote. “I thought I was going to die.”
Marrow was picked up as a free agent by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in 2012 but was released without playing in an NFL game.

No comments:

Post a Comment