Pages

Tuesday 14 March 2017

Last letters to loved ones from soldiers who never came home


 Eric Fox Pitt Lubbock, who died at Ypres in 1917 aged 24, wrote to his mother: 'Try to forget my faults and remember me only as your very loving son'

 Beautiful thoughts: Michael Andrew Scott, 1916 - 1941, was killed over the English Channel. He told his father: 'That thing which we call "Life" is but a transitory stage in our development'

 The tragic messages trace common themes of love and loss, regardless of age or era.  , Herbert Jones (1940-1982)

 Guardsman Neil Downes, from Manchester, wrote to girlfriend Jane before he died in Afghanistan: 'I hope you have a wonderful and fulfilling life. Get married, have children etc. I will love you forever.'

 Private George Henry Davies, who died aged 28 at Messines in 1917, wrote to his mother: 'I give my life willingly for my country knowing that it is given in a righteous cause'

 Samuel S. Barrington, killed in 1815 in Quatre Bras, wrote: 'If some unlucky ball finished me, I trust I shall not be wholly unprepared to face danger and death'

 Second Lieutenant Eric Heaton, from East Sussex, wrote to his parent from the Battle of the Somme: 'If I fall in battle then I have no regrets save for my loved ones I leave behind'
 
 William Barclay Binning, 1897-1916, told his parents not to grieve before he was killed in Belgium

 Gunner Lee Thornton, who was killed aged 22 in Iraq in 2006, wrote to his fiance Helen: 'I really hope that this letter never gets to you, because if it does that means I am dead'

1 comment:

  1. REALLY THE LETTERS HEART TOUCHING WORDS. Our silence and simple words talk many things to our beloved ones.
    Thanks & Regards
    Forzest 20mg online

    ReplyDelete