Pages

Saturday 12 August 2017

Miranda star Tom Ellis vows to never fly with British Airways again in furious Twitter rant about the airline's 'lack of compassion and common sense' amid a row over his £1,200 flexible ticket

 TV STAR Tom Ellis has slammed British Airways, vowing to never fly with them again following a row over booked tickets.

The Lucifer actor took to Twitter  to tell of his shock in how the airline handled his booking when a family friend was tasked with taking his children to the UK for a visit.

Writing to his near-200,000 followers, the actor said: “My children are coming to the UK to visit me.
“As they’re too young to travel themselves, they were meant to be brought to Los Angeles by our family friend who is from Indonesia, a primarily Muslim country.
“My friend had to apply for a special visa to travel to the US that had to be approved by the US Consulate in London, where she has lived and worked with a full UK work permit for 7 years.
“In order to get an appointment at the US consulate I was required to purchase the flight in advance to prove when she was entering and leaving the US.
“I purchased a flexible ticket from British Airways for £1200. The visa was then denied.
“I was left needing to find someone else who I trust to bring my children.
“Thankfully another good friend has offered. I assumed British Airways would understand this situation and change the name on the ticket that I had been forced to purchase in the first place.
“I was wrong. Instead, I have to buy a whole new ticket and will not be refunded for the first.
“Unfortunately in the sad current climate, I am not surprised by the US immigration decision – but I am disgusted by British Airways’ lack of compassion and common sense.
“If it hadn’t cost so much already I would cancel all the tickets and use another airline – but I can categorically say that I will never fly with British Airways again.”
His followers on Twitter have backed him in the row.
One said: “Hope it will help to fix the situation for everyone who could have the same issue.”
Another wrote: “That’s horrible customer service, noted never to book with them.”
The Twitter account for British Airways has contacted the actor since the post, asking him to contact them with his details.
A British Airways spokesman said: “We always do everything we can to help customers when their travel plans change.
“We can correct spelling mistakes on all of our tickets, and on many we allow changes to the date or time of a flight too.
“However, we don’t allow customers to transfer their tickets as this could lead to a secondary market of trading in airline tickets.”

No comments:

Post a Comment