Pages

Wednesday 19 July 2017

Grandma goes viral after writing note to a grocery store praising the 'fine young man' who helped her, admitting she wishes her own 'rude, disturbing' grandson was more like him

 A grandmother’s comment about how she wished her grandson was more like a worker at her local grocery store has gone viral after the store put it on display.

The woman wrote to the store to compliment employee Nathaniel Hunter, who helped her when she visited the store when she was having night cravings for yoghurt covered cranberries.
“I was having one of those late night cravings, you know how it is,” she wrote.
The woman explained she “could not wait till the next day” for her cranberries and upon entering the store and looking for them, Nathaniel offered to assist her
“Instead of merely pointing me in the direction, he walked me over to the trail mix machines. He then helped me navigate those darn contraptions. He even put in the number so I could print out my barcode,” she continued.
The woman, who confessed she has “trouble with this new technology”, added that it is nice to know “there are bright young people out there that will stop and help an old lady like me.”
After experiencing Nathaniel’s helpful assistance, the grandma started to compare him to her own grandson.
“As I was leaving the store I couldn’t help but wish my own grandson could be more like Nathaniel. I know that’s terrible of me to say as a grandmother,” she said.
“Don’t get me wrong, I love my Tyler to death but he is so rude to me sometimes. Whenever I ask for computer help he just tells me to Google it. He dresses in all black and it really disturbs me. His mother says it’s only a phase, I hope so.”
"Perhaps I’ll see Nathaniel again and I can ask him to be friends with Tyler so that he has a good influence." 
The woman’s letter has gone viral after it was put up in the Kentucky, US, grocery store for two weeks.
There is a good chance Tyler is reflecting on his behaviour to his grandma as the letter has been viewed almost 175,000 times on Imgur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment