Pages

Sunday 23 April 2017

Congressman Tells Girl That Trump Is More Dangerous Than A Terrorist

Democratic Rep. Mark DeSaulnier told an 11-year-old girl at a middle school in California Wednesday that President Donald Trump is more dangerous than a terrorist.
While speaking at a town hall at Stanley Middle School in Lafayette, Calif., DeSaulnier moved to the Q&A portion of the event after his talk and answered the final question from Eden, an 11-year-old girl, with a bang, East Bay Times reported Saturday.
“From the mouths of babes,” DeSaulnier said. “I think you should be concerned. This is dangerous stuff. I’ve said a few times, the most dangerous person in America isn’t a terrorist, it’s the person who’s president of the United States. So Eden, you’ve got to read, you have to be thoughtful, and you have to be engaged.”
A member of DeSaulnier’s staff had read Eden’s question out loud to the audience, as she couldn’t personally be there to attend because of her bedtime.

“My name is Eden, and I’m 11 years old,” the staff member had said, reading the question card. “My mom is worried about my future with President Trump. On election night, my mom cried. Kids at my school are worrying about being deported. I’ve read and heard awful things about him. Should I be worried about my future? As a kid, what can I do about it?”
After delivering his answer about how Trump is more dangerous than a terrorist, DeSaulnier continued by saying American democracy is the “epitome of human evolution.”
“If we don’t participate for ourselves, but more importantly if we don’t participate for Eden and for future generations … People died for this,” DeSaulnier said. “People have come from all over the world — I’m getting a little emotional — for this. American democracy is not some trite thing. It’s the epitome of human evolution in my view.”
East Bay Times caught up a week later with Eden and her mother, Alissa Levy, for a brief comment.
“Since I was a baby, I’ve done everything in politics with my mom,” Eden said.
Eden has protested Trump at her school and volunteers at her local temple.
Also at the event, DeSaulnier said that Trump should remove Stephen Bannon as his chief strategist, end the “Muslim travel ban” and release his tax returns.

No comments:

Post a Comment