Guava, a seasonal fruit which is also called sand plum in Central America is available in two varieties, one has white flesh and the other has pink flesh. The common tropical fruit not only makes a flavorful treat, but also is very healthy.
Here are a few ways how this tropical fruit is beneficial:
Safeguards newborns from neurological disorders:
- Guava is a source of vitamin B9, also called folic acid, which pregnant women are advised to take. It aids the development of the baby's nervous system and protects the newborn from neurological disorders.
- This fruit also includes vitamins B3 and B6 that improve blood circulation in the brain, which triggers cognitive function and leads to relaxation of nerves in turn improving brain health.
- High fibre content and low glycaemic index in the fruit helps in curbing diabetes. Glycaemic index refers to a food's ability to raise blood glucose levels.
- Though foods with low glycaemic levels increase blood glucose levels, the fibre content of the fruit helps in managing it.
Improves heart healthy:
- This fruit is a boon for those suffering from hypertension, the potassium and sodium content in the fruit aids in better regulation of blood pressure.
- Consuming guava cuts bad cholesterol (LDL) levels and raises good cholesterol levels (HDL).
Triggers weight loss and stress busting:
- Guava has magnesium, which promotes muscle relaxation and provides the body with good energy boost.
- The fruit also aids weight loss with the help of its fibre content and improves metabolism.
- Guava is found to have four times more vitamin C compared to oranges and this vitamin plays a major role in immunity boosting.
- The antioxidants present in guava help in resisting cancerous growth. It has been found that guava helps in depleting the risks of breast cancer and prostate cancer.
- It also helps in fighting infections, tooth aches, cough and cold by boosting our body's immunity.
Use guava to improve your complexion:
- Say goodbye to cosmetics and opt for a natural way to get a healthy, radiant and glowing skin. If you want to get rid of dark circles, acne irritation, complexion issues, skin discolouration or redness here's what you can do
Smash a guava along with its seeds, add egg yolk mix it well and apply it as a face pack.
Scrub your face with this mixture properly in clockwise and anti-clockwise motions to clear out all the dead cells, dirt accumulated in your skin, along with blackheads and whiteheads.
Leave it on your face for 20 minutes and get a clearer skin. The presence of vitamin K in guava helps in getting rid of these skin issues.